Based in Arlington, VA, USA
Ookibloks combines the spirit of classic action puzzlers with a bright visual style and an ultra-catchy soundtrack. In this game you help Ooki the Monkey collect all his stolen bananas while avoiding enemies like crabs, ghosts, piranhas and the all-powerful Devil Cat.
Ookibloks started as the brain-child of Brian Flanagan (Studio Work3). A PC prototype of the game earned a nomination for Excellence in Audio during the 2008 Independent Games Festival. Years later, Studio Work3 teamed with Lampert & Sons to release Ookibloks on iOS. Now, Skyboy Games is happy to bring Ookibloks back home to PC so the game can be played as it was originally meant to be enjoyed.
- 100+ stages of fruit flinging, badguy bashing monkey mayhem!
- 9 different worlds! Each featuring 10 stages, it's own unique funky soundtrack and challenging boss character to beat!
- Jam melodies over the music as you play with the awesome musical sound effect system! It's never the same twice!
- Train up on your skills in "Banana Chase" mode, an endless game play variation to get the highest combo!
- Super tough challenge stages via the Devil Cat's Volcano - for hardcore players or players looking for a real challenge!
- Enjoy the game ad-free and without in-app purchases!
- Play the game how you like with support for multiple resolutions and control via keyboard, mouse, and gamepad!
- Includes Original Soundtrack so you can jam to Ookibloks anywhere!
Beatsynch Audio Demo YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Nominated 'Independent Games Festival Finalist for Excellence in Audio'" San Francisco, March 2008
- "Featured at the MAGFest Indie Videogame Showcase" Washington DC, February 2016
- "Love this game so much."
- Mike Fahey, Kotaku
- "Everything about Ookibloks – from its name to its art to its music – makes you wonder whether you’re rediscovering some lost arcade classic. Its bright, happy visuals belie a fierce but fair challenge and its cheerful soundtrack will soon be on your brain’s internal Spotify playlist."
- Edge Staff, Edge
- "Well made and with plenty of longevity, it’s easy to be beguiled by Ookibloks‘s charming nature."
- Jennifer Allen, 148Apps
- "There's a lot of fun to be had in Ookibloks, and it's hard not to play the game with a smile on your face."
- Harry Slater, Pocket Gamer
Request a Press Copy through distribute() dodistribute.com.
Follow Ookibloks on Twitter twitter.com.
Ookibloks on Facebook facebook.com.
About Skyboy Games
Skyboy Games is about developing games and making the world a better place. In addition to developing games and doling out game development advice via its website, Skyboy Games is dedicated to charitable giving with a portion of yearly net profits allocated for donations to charity.
More information on Skyboy Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Art, Design & Sound, Studio Work3
Program, Stage Design & Tools, Lampert & Sons
Robert Ota Dieterich
PC Port, Skyboy Games